The Mothers’ Union is the world’s largest and most widely spread Christian family society. It came into being as a Christian women’s group within the Anglican communion but membership is open to any baptized Christian. You do not have to be a mother to join.
AIM – The aim of the Mothers’ Union is the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
PURPOSE – The purpose of the Mothers’ Union is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
OBJECTIVES – The five Objectives of the society are:
- Uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote it’s wider understanding.
- Encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- Maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- Promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- Help those whose family life has met with adversity.